13th ANNUAL CAPITAL FRINGE FESTIVAL | JULY 12 - 29, 2018
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOVEMBER 2017 - JANUARY 2018
The Fringe Festival is one part a self-producing performing arts festival and one part a curated performing arts festival where established and emerging artists can present their work. The Fringe Festival takes place in July with over 100 productions, with roughly 700 individual performances, showcasing 5,000 artists for over 30,000 patrons each year. The Fringe Festival is DC’s largest and most anticipated performing arts festival. It is just the place for performing artists to showcase daring, raw and authentic live performance work.
There are two ways to produce in the Fringe Festival - in a FRINGE RUN VENUE or you can FIND YOUR OWN VENUE (FYOV). For both routes, these rules apply:
- Only one production or project per producing-identity.
- All productions that are part of the Fringe Festival must begin within the dates of the Festival.
- We do not accept TBA projects or incomplete applications or proposals.
- Once you have applied with one project or production, you cannot change to another project or production.
- Most projects or productions are 70 to 90 minutes with minimal tech needs.
- Each producing-identity is required to take part in a workshop on Fringe Festival marketing, box office and production (in-person or skype).
- We only accept online submissions to the Fringe Festival.
Questions want to talk in-person call the Fringe Admin Office Mon-Fri 11am to 7pm 202-737-7230 or email email@example.com