Capital Fringe has a variety of internships available for the Capital Fringe Festival July 7 - 29, 2018 in marketing, programming, marketing and press relations.
If you are a student and have an internship that you would like to propose other then those listed below - please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are open to your ideas.
Dates: May – July, 2018. The Festival Special Event Interns will work with the Festival Producer to organize and deliver special events: including the Fringe Festival Preview. This is a project-based internship and will allow the successful applicants to gain valuable hands-on experience in event planning and delivery. Interns will lead on many event elements, taking ownership of their specific tasks and playing a key role in making the events a reality.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Working with the Festival Producer to program the event content
• Liaising with artists in the lead-up to, and during, the events to assess their technical needs and communicate event details
• Work with Festival technical staff to assess equipment needs, research suppliers and contribute to planning technical set-up
• Reach out to potential event sponsors for equipment, food, drink and other hospitality
• Contribute to creation and delivery of event marketing
• Coordinate event vendors
• Provide event management on-site
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will be familiar with the DC performing arts community and interested in learning more; experienced in events coordination; familiar with Microsoft Office Suite programs; a self-starter with initiative, who can work on projects independently; detail-oriented and organized; able to work in a high-stress environment; flexible and adaptable to change.
Unpaid internship, available for college credit. Dates: May – July, 2018. Hours: PT/ 20 hours per week. Must be available on special event days. To apply: Please email a resume and a short cover letter detailing your interest in the position to Festival Producer, Lee Cromwell Lee@capitalfringe.org with the subject “Festival Special Event Internship.” The positions will remain open until filled.
Dates: June – July, 2018 . The Festival Press Intern will work with the Fringe Festival Staff and Box Office Manager to coordinate the needs of members of the press during the Capital Fringe Festival and facilitate artist interaction with the press.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Prepare press packets for major events, primarily the Festival Preview
• Support the Festival Publicist
• At the direction of the Box Office Manager, process Press Passes in Fringe’s ticketing system and create passes for members of the press
• Track published reviews of Festival shows
• Writing blog entries
• Planning and executing content and conversation for Capital Fringe’s social media accounts – this includes being present at Fringe events and building the buzz
The ideal candidate excels in writing with strong command of grammar and style; editing and proofing experience ideal; detail-oriented and organized, able to work to tight deadlines; familiar with Microsoft Office Suite programs, particularly Excel; experience using ticketing software a plus. Preferred candidates will have some familiarity with DC and its arts and cultural organizations and publications.
Unpaid internship, available for college credit. Dates: June – July, 2018 Hours: PT/ 20 hours per week. To apply: Please email a resume and a short cover letter detailing your interest in the position to email@example.com with the subject “Festival Press Internship.” The position will remain open until filled.