JOB TITLE: Festival Producer
REPORTS TO: Founding Director
JOB PURPOSE: The Festival Producer plans, oversees, programs, and manages all aspects of the annual Capital Fringe Festival, as well as other Fringe Festival promotional events throughout the year. The Festival Producer is responsible for the guidance and support of Festival artists; ensures that the Festival and related events are well attended; streamlines existing processes and develops new systems, and sees to the overall operations and financial success of the Festival.
The position will begin in mid-May to early June and overlap with the current Festival Producer through the 14th Annual Capital Fringe July 9 – 28, 2019.
• Collects, distills and disseminates participant information across Fringe Festival operations and platforms.
• Maintains supportive communications with, and amongst, Festival participants.
• Researches and develops tools for Festival participants.
• Recruits, trains and manages Festival Management Team.
• Supports Festival Management Team in recruitment of Festival staff.
• Recruits, trains and manages select Festival Interns.
Festival Coordination & Management
• Programs annual Capital Fringe Festival.
• Develops and supports new Festival programming initiatives.
• With Founding Director, creates and monitors Festival related budgets.
• Oversee day-to-day operations during the Festival period.
• Reaches outs to cultural and community partners.
• Actively and enthusiastically represent the Capital Fringe in the community.
• Builds and maintains relationships with Festival venues and suppliers.
• Builds and maintains outreach and relationships with industry leaders.
• In collaboration with the Founding Director, identifies and secures appropriate sources of funding and/or sponsorship to support and develop the Festival.
How to apply
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five to seven years of related management experience in nonprofit administration, festivals or a related field. A successful track record in leadership best practices is expected. Requirements include strong written and oral presentation skills and financial management acumen.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Salary $55-$60,000 + company health insurance program.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.