FESTIVAL MASTER ELECTRICIAN
DESCRIPTION OF FESTIVAL
The 14th Annual Capital Fringe Festival, July 9-28 in SW DC! 90 productions on 11 stages at six different venues. Approximately 450 performances Tuesdays - Sundays.
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
The Master Electrician assists the Festival Producer and Production Manager on all aspects of operation and technical elements, as they relate to electrics and lighting of the Capital Fringe Festival. The position includes supervision of lighting personnel, installation, focus, programming and maintenance of lighting plots and the lighting equipment. This position reports to the Festival Producer and the Production Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in conjunction with the Production Manager to fulfill all technical needs for the Capital Fringe Festival
- Interpret Venue Designs in relation to all lighting/electrics and cabling needs, updating light plots as needed based on inventory
- Create instrument and channel hookups, cabling runs and other related Vectorworks and Lightwright documentation as needed, in consultation with Venue Designer and Production Manager
- Assist Production Manager in ordering all needed supplies, based on venue designs and inventory needs
- Consult with the Production Manager and Festival Producer for the implementation of sound and projection setup.
- Consult with Fringe Staff on hiring of over-hire staff needs
- Supervise over-hire electrics staff and in the preparation, load-in, and maintenance of festival venues
- Serve as the Master Electrician for all events and venues, serving in an on-call support manner along with Production Manager and Festival Producer to troubleshoot technical issues as they arise
- Supervise Load out of all lighting equipment
- Update inventory and storage information of all Fringe owned equipment and supplies
- Production Meetings scheduled, as necessary
- Maintaining accurate files and reports related to production in accordance with Fringe policies.
- Working weekends and evenings will be required, physical work is required
- Working knowledge of theatrical rigging systems and common safety practices
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand on feet for long time periods
- Must be able to comfortably negotiate stairs, ladders, lifts, and catwalks up to 45 feet above ground, as well as working within confined spaces
- Working knowledge of Vectorworks and Lightwright
- Ability to perform basic maintenance of moving light equipment and conventional instrument repair
- Ability to lead load-in, focus, work and strike calls as directed by the Production Manager
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Grace and a sense of humor under pressure, enthusiasm for working as a team
TIME COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION
The Master Electrician begins part-time in April -June and full-time is required during load in (Early July) and load out (July 21 to August 2). Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Festival Master Electrician” in the subject line. Deadline for applicants is April 19, 2019.
Fringe is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.