Capital Fringe is seeking a Master Carpenter for the 2019 Capital Fringe Festival. The Master Carpenter will coordinate construction of all Fringe Festival performance needs, such as the Venue and Audience platforms and other structural needs. This position reports to the Festival Producer.
- In consultation with Festival Producer and Production Manager, plan out the needs for each space
- Acquire lumber and resources needed to complete the venue projects, including workshop space
- Consult with Fringe Staff on hiring of over-hire staff needs
- Attend staff meetings and production meetings, as needed
- Using the workshop acquired, assemble all materials needed before load-in
- Paint all platforms and construction pieces black
- Supervise and manage any over-hire or volunteer staff used to complete projects, such as Painting days for risers
- Along with Production Manager, oversee installation of Festival project spaces
- Along with Production Manager, oversee strike of Festival projects
- Update inventory and storage information of all Fringe owned equipment and supplies
- Carpentry skills needed to construct platforms, audience risers and other venue construction needs
- Ability to understand draftings/drawings from Venue and Set Designer
- Welding/other construction skills desired, but not required
- Project management, ability to plan and organize multiple projects
- Clear and effective communication on project needs and steps
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Vectorworks
TIME COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
The 13th Annual Fringe Festival runs July 9 – 28, 2019. The Master Carpenter begins part-time in May/June, and full-time is required during load in (Early July) and load out (July 21 to August 2). Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience and paid biweekly.
Email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Master Carpenter” in the subject line. Position will remain advertised until filled.
Fringe is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.