BOX OFFICE ASSOCAITES
Capital Fringe is looking for Box Office Associates for the 14th Annual Capital Fringe. Box Office staff must be energetic and proactive, with excellent communication skills and an outgoing personality. We are looking for people who are excited to be a part of this multi-venue event and are interested in meeting and working with hundreds of artists and audiences from all walks of life. This is a critical role in the operations of the Capital Fringe Festival.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All Box Office operations for the Capital Fringe Festival, including sales of single tickets and passes; daily deposits and reports; stocking merchandise; and customer service
- Assist Set-up and break-down (including computers, printers, supplies, etc.) of the Fringe Festival box offices before, during, and after the Festival
- Problem solve, as needed in venue locations (often alone, or with one other Fringe Staff member)
- Ensure correct accounting for all patron and artists interaction in a fast-paced, festival environment
- Work with Capital Fringe staff and volunteers to deliver an excellent front of house experience to artists and audiences
- Provide accurate information on all Fringe Festival activities
- Resolve immediate customer service issues while understanding when to report issues to the Box Office manager
- Be the face of Capital Fringe to the public and Fringe Festival artists.
- Commit to a month-long schedule in July, based on the performance schedules of the Venues.
- Prior experience in box office and front-of-house operations
- Excellent cash handling skills
- Comfortable with, or willing to learn, technological tools such as printers and credit card swipers that are essential to the Capital Fringe Festival’s box office operations, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel, as well as Mac and PC operating systems
- Flexible working in different locations throughout the course of the Fringe Festival, often alone or with one fellow Fringe staff member
- Excellent multi-tasking and customer service skills
- Grace and a sense of humor under pressure
TIME COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION
Box Office Staff start on or around July 1st and work anywhere from 20-40 hours/week. Some work may be available in June for special Fringe Festival events. Festival Box Office hours range from 10am to 11:45pm on weekends, and 3:45pm to 11:45 pm on weekdays. Training will be scheduled as needed. This is a seasonal contract position. Salary is commensurate with experience and paid bi-weekly.
DESCRIPTION OF FESTIVAL
The 14th Annual Capital Fringe Festival, July 9-28 in SW DC! 90 productions on 11 stages at six different venues. Approximately 450 performances Tuesdays - Sundays.
Email cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com. Please put “Box Office Associate” in the subject line. The position will remain advertised until filled. Fringe is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.