BOX OFFICE MANAGER
DESCRIPTION OF FESTIVAL
The Capital Fringe Festival takes place in July in the SW Waterfront Metro neighborhood of DC. Between 80 - 100 artists will be programmed for on 9 - 12 stages at seven different venues in the area. Approximately 450 performances will take place on Tuesdays-Sundays for the three-week run of the Festival.
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
Capital Fringe is seeking a self-starting, positive individual to serve as its Box Office Manager for the 2019 Fringe Festival. We are seeking an energetic, pro-active individual with strong communication skills and a desire to work with numerous artists, volunteers, and Fringe Festival patrons in a fast-moving environment. Experience in ticket sales and systems, as well as a strong commitment to customer service, is a must. This position reports to the Festival Producer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With Festival Producer, develop Box Office staffing needs schedule, based off of programming schedule.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train Box Office Staff (and Volunteers) through job postings, interviews, and outreach.
- Review and determine all infrastructure needs for Box Office, communicating needs to Festival Producer and Production Manager.
- Update and implement Box Office systems, manuals and policies for the 2019 Fringe Festival
- Actively maintain and respond to box office email, serving as the main contact for Patrons and artists on Box Office related Issues. Liaise with artists for individual questions about ticket sales or operations
- Lead on the design, input, and production of all Festival box office signs, distributing as needed.
- Communicate to OvationTix all the necessary information (Call Center Sheet and Ticket Sheet) prior to tickets going on sale.
- Schedule Box Office training with Festival Producer. Train all Box Office Staff.
- Lead set up of physical box offices prior to Fringe Festival opening (test computers, supplies, Signage, etc.)
- Prepare box office venue boxes with all supplies needed for staff.
- Manage daily operations of Festival Box Office, including ticket and pass sales, cash reconciliation, and Sold-Out Board updates and other reporting per individual venue.
- Lead in fielding customer service requests via email, phone, and in person. Assist patrons with complaints; communicate clearly Festival policies and accommodate requests when acceptable.
- At the close of the Festival, lead break down all Box Office locations and pack all Box Office materials for storage in coordination with the Festival Producer and Production Manager.
- Maintain budgeting tracking expenses relevant to Box Office activities, communicating to Festival Producer for monthly reports.
- Maintaining accurate files and reports related to Box Office in accordance with Fringe policies.
- Working weekends and evenings will be required, physical work is required
- 2-3 years’ management experience in the box office and/or front-of-house operations
- Experience with cash handling
- Spreadsheet & database skills (i.e. proficiency in Excel)
- Basic IT skills in setting up networks, printers, and troubleshooting issues as they arise as well as experience in both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Excellent multitasking and customer service skills
- Grace and a sense of humor under pressure
TIME COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION
The Box Office Manager starts in mid-April, works part-time through mid-June, and full-time late-June through July. This is a contract position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com. Please put “Box Office Manager” in the subject line. Deadline for applicants is January 30, 2019.