Capital Fringe is looking for a Production Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager for the 14th Annual Capital Fringe Festival. These staff positions will focus on the Fringe Curates/Presents series within the Annual Festival.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with directors, designers and Capital Fringe Staff in realizing production concepts that are within the financial and practical limits of the productions.
- Attend all rehearsals as scheduled, creating a positive environment that is conducive to Capital Fringe’s mission.
- Create and maintain the prompt book used for performances
- Coordinate with Capital Fringe staff and directors all needs for the production and communicate to the appropriate parties.
- Oversee fast-paced, repertory performance schedule for multiple productions of all performances, coordinating with the House Manager and Arena Stage/Capital Fringe Staff as needed.
- Supervise and lead all set-up and changeover needs necessary for the repertory scheduling of all performances.
- Handle and troubleshoot technical problems or need of artists with the assistance of other Capital Fringe Staff.
- Work with Arena and Capital Fringe staff to ensure good communication with patrons, and to get shows started on time.
- Ensure detailed rehearsal and performance reports are thorough and that information is being conveyed to other members of Capital Fringe Staff.
- 2-5 years’ experience (at least) in theatrical stage management
- Knowledge of theatrical equipment (lights, sound, projection)
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently
- Creative minded, with the ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances in a bustling festival environment
- Excellent multi-tasking and communication skills
- Grace and a sense of humor under pressure
- Must be able to comfortably negotiate stairs, ladders, lifts, and catwalks up to 45 feet above ground, as well as working within confined spaces
- Must be able to physical lift 40 pounds
TIME COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
Rehearsals will take place in May/June. All Tech and Performances will take place in July. This is a seasonal contract position. Salary is commensurate with experience and paid monthly.
Email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Stage Management” in the subject line. Position will remain advertised until filled.
Fringe is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.